Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Return to Penland

Two years ago I went to Penland School of Crafts for the first time.  The experience ended up being the  most rejuvenating, enriching two weeks I have ever had.  It is two full weeks taking a course in your craft of choice located in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of North Carolina, just north of Asheville.  The artists and crafts people teaching are incredible as well as all the students who hold a shared love of  Fine Craft.  The last time I went I took a course on quilt making and this year I will do shoe making...that's right, I am going to make a pair of shoes!  I am excited to learn a new process and skill set and most of all, to soak up the richness of Penland.  While I am busily preparing, I am trying to prepare my mind for the wonderful, new experiences Penland will bring. I will also have the privilege of volunteering at their annual auction.  Posts to come!  

No comments:

Post a Comment